We—Nepal Policy Research Network (NPRN)—are a network of Nepalese organizations that strive to contribute to public policies that are developed in democratic and inclusive manner and work for the poor and disadvantaged groups and at the same time safeguard national interest. We promote policy relevant social science research and provide multiple windows to enhance their adoption in policy-making. We seek to bring together research, policy and academic leaders to collectively engage in evidence-based policy development.
Our main objectives are to
- Contribute to research-based and pro-people policy-making and promote policy-relevant social science research, and
- Nurture an effective dialogue between policy-making and social science research in Nepal.
What we do?
The following are the key functions of the NPRN:
- Nepal Policy Net Portal—to develop this web portal as a web repository of public policy relevant resources, journals New Angle: Nepal Journal of Social Science and Public Policy, data, documents, events, announcements, and notices.
- Support the publication of journal— to serve as secretariat for the volunteer team of editors of the journal “New Angle: Nepal Journal of Social Science and Public Policy” and in its dissemination.
- Policy dialogue and documentation—to carry out public policy dialogue involving researchers, policy makers, civil society and other stakeholders, and to develop sound documents for policy impact: (a) issue-based policy dialogues—on matters of immediate public policy concern.
- Public policy research—to undertake and promote social science research that informs public policy, to provide publicity window to serious research, and develop policy-relevant products from existing research